Monday, July 7, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?












What I'm reading


Fractions In Disguise is a math mystery where George Cornelius Factor needs to find a stolen 5/9 fraction. This would be a terrific book to use for introducing how to reduce fractions.








Handle With Care features a butterfly farm in Costa Rica. Readers find out that farms don't necessarily have to produce food. When I teach our unit on life cycles, I'll be using this book. Great back matter too!









Cool non-education articles that I read



If you like to make ice cream (and I do), check out this article in the NY Times by Melissa Clark. One secret: Use egg yolks.






4 comments:

  1. I think Handle with Care is a title I would love for my nonfiction read aloud collection - I have seen some other positive reviews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Handle with Care. Loree Griffin Burns is a superb nonfiction writer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handle With Care looks just right for a number of teachers at my school. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of Fractions in Disguise - will have to find that one in our libraries too. Thanks, Jeff!

    ReplyDelete