Thursday, May 22, 2014

Poetry Friday: Local Poets

Check out Poetry Friday at Violet Nesdoly/Poems

This week I am going to feature poems that come from my classroom and house. 

Classroom

Student Couplet

I hate my carrots
But I love my parents












Student color poem
Green is nice
Green is a marker
Green is pretty
Green is Mike Wazowski
Green tastes like peas
Green smells like morning grass
Green sounds like crickets
Green feels like a toad
Green looks like trees
Green makes me feel good
Green is awesome!

Student biography poem
Fun, friendly, nice
Lover of dogs, cats, hamsters
Who is able to run fast
Who feels happy
Who wonders "why do people dance?"
Who fears bears, wolves
Who would like to work out
Who dreams of being a scientist

Haiku for an early evening (Teacher haiku)
Jeff, kill the snake now
Shovel in hand for my love
For better, for worse


6 comments:

  1. Carrots and parents... :) the sound of green... of course, crickets! The haiku makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Irene! My wife wasn't smiling when she told me about the snake and I can't say that I blame her.

      Delete
  2. Jeff, these are wonderful snapshots of your life--as teacher & as spouse. It's amazing how much is said in a few well-chosen words. Thanks for these!

    Violet N.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping you just shooed the snake away to someone else's yard with that shovel...

    Fun classroom poems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mary Lee and for your previous encouragement. One great quality of poetry is that you can let the reader decide how things turn out.

      Delete