Monday, December 23, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



Wow, it's been a few months since I've been able to contribute to this meme. Teaching in a classroom knocks you off your feet and it takes a while to get back up again. Here's what's happening at NC Teacher Stuff:







Last Week:


This is a nifty iPad app for young readers. It tells the story of a ladybug trying to prepare for winter. She eats aphids (great sound on this app!) and escapes from an ant, a mouse, and a wren. 

Pete and Gabby are bored in their lonely campground setting, so they venture into town and see a nice red school building. Looking at the cover, you can tell what happens next. This book has been loved by a second grade and a kindergarten class. Highly recommended. 


Do you know what an aquaskipper does or how much it sells for on Amazon? Check out this book for this strange vehicle and many others. 

This Week:

If you don't know about the Lulu series, find out now. These are excellent early reader chapter books. This third installment is every bit as charming as the first two books. 


I'm a fan of James L. Swanson's YA books. My oldest daughter has recommended this one to me. I really enjoyed his previous Chasing Lincoln's Killer and look forward to reading this. 




3 comments:

  1. Hi Jeff, The ladybug app looks adorable. I love the Lulu series and think it's a great early chapter book series. Thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that the Smithsonian series has apps. I might have to get that Ladybug. The Bizarre Vehicles books looks like a lot of fun too. Thanks! Have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The President Has Been Shot caught my eye. I know I should read more nonfiction books - that's my reading gap, clearly. :)

    ReplyDelete