Thursday, June 6, 2013

Poetry Friday: Goodbye Bears


Check out Poetry Friday at The Opposite of Indifference

Today is the last day of school. I tried to summarize my thoughts with the poem below. 

Goodbye Bears
180 days have passed by
180 responses “Why?”
180 Band-Aids pressed on
180 pencils mysteriously gone
180 apologies to friends
180 recesses with too quick an end
180 books that brought us a smile
180 math problems that took a while
180 giggles at lunch
180 pairs of shoulders hunch
180 waves goodbye to classmates met
1 tired teacher who will never forget
©Jeff Barger 2013



16 comments:

  1. I have two weeks to go - but I'm that tired teacher already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you tired teachers, we love you! And what is it with those mysteriously disappearing pencils?? Hope you have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are with the socks. I hope you have a great summer as well.

      Delete
  3. I love how you go from the lunchroom giggles to the shoulders hunching. But didn't you forget the line about 180 raised hands for bathroom breaks? ;)

    PS- thanks for not forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I would have to go much higher than 180 for the raised hands for bathroom breaks! That should go in version 2.0 of the poem.

      Delete
  4. I really like the repetitive use of 180. Enjouy your summer, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm worn out just reading about all those 180 things! Great list poem. Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting this week and for stopping by here!

      Delete
  6. Great ending to the school year! Probably 180 stories to tell also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jeff. I love it. I'm a retired teacher now, but well remember those last days of school and the amazing students we never forget. How just right to structure your poem around the 180 days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the pencils that are gone and the math problems that took a while.

    ReplyDelete