Saturday, January 19, 2013

Animal Geometry update

         Photo by Jeff Barger

Yes, this is me behind bars. It's one of my very first experiences with geometry. I have a friend who saw this picture and was concerned that my head might have slipped between the bars. I assured her that I had (and still do!) a big head both figuratively and literally. It's possible this photo will be in the book.

 This morning I has to respond to comments by the proofreader of my upcoming book. It was a bit unsettling at first since I'm not used to someone being critical of my work. Hundreds of my former students were laughing this morning and didn't know why. It was good for me to experience what my students feel in Writer's Workshop conferences. The proofreader was spot on and made the book better which is the purpose of a conference. Lesson learned. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you have a book coming out in the fall! What wonderful news! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete