Monday, August 27, 2012

It's Monday! What are You Reading?

It's the first day of school for Mr. Barger's Bears's second grade class. We are reading the two books on the left to think about what it is like to be new to a school or a class. I love being in second grade after a year in fifth grade. I am already connecting more to picture books although we will spend plenty of time with chapter books as well. Both of these books are humorous and teach lessons about appreciating the differences in others and believing in yourself.






6 comments:

  1. Awesome choices for back to school! Picture books are such great ways to set the tone in your classroom.

    --Lorna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorna! My public library set me up with great books.

      Delete
  2. Oh to teach second grade again, just to be able to share these!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a joy this week, Tara. Thank you for coming by.

      Delete
  3. I love Molly Lou Melon! She's great. I haven't read New Bear at School, though! Going to look for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Jen! Boris Bear was a big hit.

      Delete