Wednesday, July 6, 2011

How the States Got Their Shapes - TV Show and Game

A little over a year ago, I posted a review of the book How the States Got Their Shapes. This informative and entertaining book is now an equally entertaining TV show on the History Channel every Tuesday night at 10 pm. The history behind our state lines is fascinating and host Brian Unger is a humorous everyman. Below is a clip from a recent show that highlighted a borderline issue between Tennessee and Georgia. You can also play the Place the State game on the History Channel website. It took me 3 minutes to place all 50 states on my first try. You can do better. This would be a fun game for students to play as they learn about U.S. geography (If geography is still taught. Don't get me started.). Author Mark Stein's sequel, How the States Got Their Shapes Too: The People Behind the Borderlines is now available as well.



2 comments:

  1. I missed that earlier review. I'll have to look into the book, the show, and the game. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The game and show are addictive. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete