Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Reflecting on the year past - June Hymn (The Decemberists)

Friday was the last day of school. I was co-teaching a class of 32 kindergarten students this year so at the end of the day, my dominating feeling was one of relief. But as I reflected on the year this weekend, I realized that I am really going to miss these kids. It's been several years since I have been a classroom teacher and I had forgotten the bonds that you can only create in the classroom. I was blessed to work with a terrific co-teacher and assistant and wonderful parents who took a leap of faith and trusted us with a class of 32. This year was a great example of why I teach. I'm not sure I can recreate the connections that I make in the classroom in any other profession. It's these connections that I will remember throughout my life.  As I was thinking about the year past, I had downloaded a song titled June Hymn by the Decemberists. The mood I took from the song was one of reflection. It is a lovely tune that connected with my memories of the past school year. Down below is a clip of the band performing the song on NPR.




No comments:

Post a Comment