Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2010 Cybils

Nominations for the 2010 Cybils will start on Friday, October 1st. You can visit the Cybils website and nominate one book per category:

 For a great preview of the Cybils, click over to Jen Robinson's Book Page (Thank you Jen for the links above!) and read her post about the Cybils Panels. I am blessed and humbled to be included on the Easy Readers/Short Chapter Books panel this year. My strategy for nominating books is to promote books that I loved, but might have flown under the radar.

3 comments:

  1. It's almost like Christmas Eve, isn't it? I can kiss *real* work goodbye for the next few days! I'll keep checking in to see what's been nominated.

    Do you have a sleeper? I'm like you - trying to find things that are below the radar. I'm also looking for more diversity, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Terry! I've been looking back through my archive and thinking about nominees and checking Amazon to make sure they fit the criteria. I'm also wishing I lived on the West Coast so I could do this at 9:00 tonight. I have a particular poetry book that I'm rooting for, so I'll make sure it gets nominated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a judge for Cybils Nonfiction Picture Books.

    I thought it was time that I added my favorite and most useful blogs to my Google Reader. So I am on a mission today to be-friend and be-follow other children and young adult bloggers, focusing on those who will be Cybils panelists and judges.

    Thus I have just be-friended and be-followed you!

    Here is my blog: www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com.
    I'd love to have you stop by and be-friend or be-follow or just say hello.

    And, if you are interested, I'm working on reading 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up....love to have you join me in that challenge, too.

    ReplyDelete