Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Father is Taller than a Tree

My Father is Taller than a Tree
written by Joseph Bruchac; illustrated by Wendy Anderson Halperin
(Dial Books for Young Readers) 2010
Source: Mebane Public Library

My Father is Taller than a Tree is a sweet rhyming tribute to fathers. The dads aren't doing extraordinary things on the surface, but instead engaging in simple activities like walking around town or helping their sons to ride a bike. This diverse group of dads show that the most valuable gift you can give your child is the gift of time. Each engaging set of pages contains a large "widescreen" illustration with four smaller pictures underneath that provide further insight to the dad's kind gestures. The final pages are all smaller inset pictures that review all the wonderful things the fathers have done with their sons. This is an excellent book to add to your collection of books on family.

Happy Father's Day to all my fellow dads and thank you to my father whose love I carry with me and share with my kids.

Other reviews of My Father is Taller than a Tree:
Lansing Children's Books Examiner
Kids Lit
USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment